Travel to Europe from Home:
Hallo! Hello! Below you’ll find everything you need to create your virtual trip to Amsterdam, the beautiful city of the Netherlands. Tot ziens! See you later!
Send us your photos,
and we’ll share them
with other KeeKee fans.
Museums & Attractions
Visit the most famous sites in and around Amsterdam.
- Tip Toe through the Tulips – The best place to experience the tulips is the Keukenhof Flower exhibit outside of Amsterdam in Lisse. Take a virtual stroll through the seven million bulbs and 800 varieties of tulips.
- Rijksmuseum – The National Museum tells the story of 800 years of Dutch art and history including The Night Watch by Rembrandt and The Milkmaid by Vermeer.
- Canals – One of the best ways to see Amsterdam is by boat on the canals. Enjoy this cruise.
- Zaanse Schans – In this video you can visit the open-air museum where they have incredible working windmills making Dutch clogs (klompen) and cheese (like their famous Gouda).
The Food: Recipes
KeeKee’s Big Adventures in Amsterdam themed activity pages are free to download and fun for everyone! And there are 30 Amsterdam fun facts you can scroll through to add to your adventure.
- Maze – Guide KeeKee through the streets and canals of Amsterdam.
- Word Scramble – Have fun unscrambling these Amsterdam words and places.
- Word Search – Can you find the 16 hidden Amsterdam-related words?
- Word Match Up – Learn a few Dutch words.
- Seek & Find – A bonus activity for those who already own the KeeKee in Amsterdam book.
- Coloring Pages – Color scenes from KeeKee’s Rome book.
- Fun Facts – Lots of interesting facts about Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Dutch.
[mxmtzc_time_zone_clocks time_zone=”Europe/Amsterdam” city_name=”Amsterdam, NL” time_format=”” digital_clock=”” lang=”” lang_for_date=”en” clock_type=”clock-face6.png” show_days=”false” clock_font_size=”18″]
Videos, Movies & Music
KeeKee hosts a series of short videos about Amsterdam’s canals and bicycles. Did you know Amsterdam has more bikes than people?!
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Girl with a Pearl Earring
- Ocean’s Twelve
Our recommended “must-see” attractions in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam Interactive Map
Soar over Paris like a bird using Google Maps in 3D view.
- Amsterdam 3D Map – Explore Amsterdam via Google Maps. This link starts with a view over Dam Square. The city got its name from this spot. The Dutch put up a dam to block the Amstel River. It was an Amstel Dam… Amsterdam! (true story!). The big building in the background is the Palace.
Live video feeds from Amsterdam and the Netherlands.
- Windmill Webcam – Live view of windmills in the town of Zaanseschans, Netherlands.
Orange is the official color of the Dutch royal family, dating back to Willem van Oranje (William of Orange). Set the scene with Dutch décor. You can also search Amazon: Dutch Decorations or Google Image Search: Dutch Party Decorations for ideas.
These are NOT affiliate links. These are simply provided as some fun ideas.